The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- 2 years of experience in a similar healthcare, patient oriented position preferred. Experience within an ambulatory or primary care setting could be a great fit for this role.
- Excellent customer service skills both in person and over the phone.
- Effective communication skills to excel as a valuable member of the healthcare team.
- The ability to build strong, trust-based relationships with a diverse patient population.
- Experience with EHR / EMR systems is preferred.
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to direct issues to the appropriate clinician or administrator.
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A high school diploma.
- A patient, proactive and professional demeanor.
- Bi-lingual abilities in Spanish, Cambodian, and/or Vietnamese will be a plus.
Pictured: our values-based approach and unique care model allow us to provide a standard of care that supports patients, providers and staff.
The RoleRole Overview
As a PSR, you will be responsible for general front desk and reception activities and other duties deemed necessary to support the daily operations of the clinic. You will help ensure the ongoing maintenance of smooth patient flow and support within the clinic in a manner that is friendly, inviting and patient centered.
We believe in a team-based approach to healthcare, and you will play an integral role on this clinic’s support bench. You’ll work hand-in-hand with clinicians including doctors, nurses, and others as you coordinate care for your patients.
You’ll rotate from the front desk to a call center position, splitting your time between the two functions. When you are at the front desk, you’ll serve as the face of the clinic--welcoming patients, getting them checked in and promoting a comfortable and pleasant atmosphere. For your call center activities, you’ll make outbound calls to follow-up with patients, schedule appointments, verify insurance, etc., as you also receive incoming calls regarding a variety of questions and inquiries.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Welcome guest in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Facilitate patient comfort by efficiently checking in patient and verifying patient insurance and demographic information.
- Offer water, healthy snack, reading material.
- Notify clinical staff when patient is in lobby for longer than 15 minutes.
- Ensure service recovery.
- Act as patient escort when necessary.
- Schedule appointments and make reminder calls.
- Schedule appointments, transportation, and translation services for patients.
- Assist with chart preparation.
- Check members in for appointments, verify and update member demographic information.
- Handle data entry service record batches and reconcile with provider schedules daily.
- Keep immediate work area/waiting area clean and tidy.
Why ConcertoHealthCompany Growth
We are a young company enjoying strong growth. Company growth also means growth across our teams and opportunities for our proven performers. From here you could step up to a Lead role or take on more responsibilities down the line.
Valued Team Member
You will never be a number at ConcertoHealth. You’ll have a voice and influence on your team and in the company. We're interested in everyone's strong ideas and we enjoy a collaborative atmosphere where everyone is passionate about the work we do.
Work with Diverse Populations and Complex Needs
You can make an impact working with vulnerable populations. Our value-based contracts focus on Medicaid & Medicare patients with complex and acute needs. You’ll work with a wide variety of patients from seniors moving through the healthcare system from in-home care to care facilities, patients facing mental health challenges, those dealing with addiction…you will have the opportunity to stretch and grow your skills in multiple areas.
Professional Growth and Development
In addition to enhancing your skills through your hands-on work, you will enjoy mentorship and training from your supervisor and other PSRs on the team, allowing you to earn the skills and experience needed to move up.
Unique, Value-Add Model
Our unique model allows us to service outside of the normal medical care model. For example, we offer longer visits, home visits, collaborative and coordinated care and more.
Union Role with Strong Compensation & Benefits
This is a union position that offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package including medical and dental insurances, paid-time-off, a 401(k) with company match, license renewal reimbursement and more.
Keys to SuccessYour ability set people at ease, communicate effectively and present a warm and welcoming demeanor will be essential to your success in this highly-visible position. As the first access point, you may encounter patients who are very sick, nervous, frustrated or upset, and we will look to you to help calm them down, troubleshoot the problem, and evoke a sense of peace and professionalism with each interaction.
Our most successful PSRs take ownership of their roles and have a tremendous amount of pride in their work. They care about their patients and are passionate about providing excellent customer service.
Additionally, to be the outstanding PSR we seek, you will demonstrate:
- A strong sense of responsibility in regard to your job duties, patients and staff
- Always take an empathetic, caring approach to working with patients
- Excellent listening skills
- A chronically upbeat persona and can-do attitude
- A team-oriented approach
- Ability to consistently follow Company policies and procedures