The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the role of Medical Assistant, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certification in the state of Washington
- Demonstrated patient care competency skills related to position
- A valid driver’s license and car insurance
- CPR / BLS Certification
- Strength in phlebotomy is a plus
- Experience in a primary-based care center is a plus
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow and care delivery
- Exceptional customer service skills both in person and over the phone
- Effective communication skills to excel as a caregiver and valuable member of the healthcare team
- A patient and professional demeanor
- Strong problem-solving skills
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the Practice Manager, as CMA, you will be responsible for supporting patient care by performing a variety of clinical and administrative tasks at ConcertoHealth’s Lakewood, Washington Care Center. You will work as an important member of a collaborative clinical team ensuring optimal care. To ensure you will have the time needed to provide the level of care necessary to support patient needs, you will typically meet with between eight and twelve patients daily and have the opportunity to build a relationship with each patient serving as part of a comprehensive, high-touch solution.
In order to meet the needs of your patients and the requirements of the value-based agreements under which we work, you will leverage the full extent of your skills working to the top of your scope. You will be working with patients with complex needs – patients who, through our relationship-based model will get to know their care team and provider very well. As such, you will take a friendly and helpful approach to your duties as you perform a range of tasks from taking vitals and blood to following up on labs, documenting and conveying information, speaking with providers and more. Initially, you will work primarily with two key providers but could work with others in time.
Specifically, you will:
- Perform proficiently all medical assistant back-office procedures:
- Room patient
- Obtain and record patient’s vital signs to include temperature, pulse-rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight and height, pulse oximetry.
- Conduct additional patient screens per protocol such as pain scale, depression screening, and health literacy assessment.
- Report results to the provider.
- Document in electronic medical record as appropriate.
- Conduct in-house labs adhering to quality assurance protocols, infection control protocols, and aseptic technique.
- Conduct all patient care activities under the direction of written orders from the provider
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with providers to ensure optimal team-based care delivery.
- Efficiently and effectively take, document and communicate all telephone messages and/or telephone exchanges with patients, pharmacy staff and/or providers.
- Verify and update all patient demographic, medication, and pharmacy information in the EMR.
More Good ReasonsCompany Growth
We are a young company enjoying strong growth. Company growth also means growth across our teams and opportunities for our proven performers. From here you could step up to a Lead CMA role.
Valued Team Member
You will never be a number at ConcertoHealth. You’ll have a voice and influence on your team and in the company. We're interested in everyone's strong ideas.
Work with Diverse Populations and Complex Needs
You can make an impact working with vulnerable populations. Our value-based contracts focus on Medicaid & Medicare patients with complex needs. You’ll work with a wide variety of patients from seniors moving through the healthcare system from in-home care to care facilities, patients facing mental health challenges, those dealing with addiction…you will have the opportunity to stretch and grow your skills in multiple areas.
Professional Growth and Development
In addition to enhancing your skills through your hands-on work, you will enjoy mentorship and training from your supervisor and others on the team, allowing you to earn the skills and experience needed to move up.
Unique, Value-Add Model
Our unique model allows us to service outside of the normal medical care model. For example, we offer longer visits, home visits, collaborative and coordinated care and more.
Union Role with Strong Compensation & Benefits
This is a union position that offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package including medical and dental insurances, paid-time-off, a 401(k) with company match, license renewal reimbursement and more.
Keys to SuccessNaturally, your technical skills will be paramount to your ability to do this job, however, success will require more. Your ability set people at ease, communicate effectively and present a warm and welcoming demeanor will also be essential. Our most successful CMAs take ownership of their roles and pride in their work. They care about their patients and are passionate about providing excellent service.
Additionally, to be the outstanding CMA we seek, you will demonstrate:
- A strong sense of responsibility in regard to your job duties, patients and staff
- Always take an empathetic, caring approach to working with patients
- A chronically upbeat persona and can-do attitude
- A team-oriented approach
- Ability to consistently follow Company policies and procedures